Monday, February 9, 2009

Gong Xi Fa Cai

sher is still feeling sore about being activated for COK...


i think my company secretly hates me...
1 COK, 1 TRV, 1 CJB, 2 KTM, 1 XMN and 1 BWN
coming up...

why me..........



CNY this year is really different from previous years.
this year, it started with this



Mahjong...
from the moment i touch down on new year's eve til 3am...


My Humble house...





nth fancy nor lavish..
a place i call home since i was born....



the red cloth....




HUAT AHHHH!!!!!!




every year, dad, bro, sis and i would pray...
what did i pray for this year??


just for happiness.....


after praying at 3am, i went ahead to bed, because i have a flight later in the afternoon, while my family continued with mahjong...


at 7am, we prepared and left house



dad preparing everything before we left house


the first meal of the new year...




sis and i...



getting ready...




my first ugly pic of the lunar new year...
*sheesh*


even my bro and sis are cam-whores...


hahhahahahha.....




my family

(minus sis)






NEW SHOES!!!!!!






as usual, first stop was to my maternal grandma's place
(we call her mama....)


this is the women who took care of me when i was a baby...




i love mama very very much...





the place where i grew up...




though it has been sometime since i stepped into my grandmother's place
there is always this special feeling which words cannot describe...



my chor chor...
(yes. my mum's side is peranakan)


though my grandmother's place is old


but it hold many childhood memories of mine...






especially this swing / see-saw

whenever i'm sad, or lonely, had a bad day in school, or just want to be alone, i will sit on this swing...

btw... my gong gong made the swing....



First things first when we arrive,


we pay our respects to my gong gong who has already passed away...




after which, we would sit around the dining table and enjoy mama's homecooked food =)
it has been quite some time since i ate mama's homecooked food...


the tao you ba...
(dark soy sauce chix)





digging in.....






random pics...





this is where we used to play...





this pic, this action, this expression...

exact replica of one of those pics we took when we were young...




outside grandma's house




one last pic before i left for home to prepare for work =(



i realised work has taken up so much of my time and energy...

how i wish there were more hours in a day....


thank god i have a super BF who gives in and understands me well enough and puts up with my mood swings and nonsense, even though we do not spend much time together...

No comments: